PLEASE NOTE: This page is about Singing for Wellbeing as an approach to improving health and wellbeing through music. Click here if you are interested in the Singing for Wellbeing sessions run in partnership with Home Instead Senior Care at Budleigh Salterton Health and Wellbeing hub.
I deliver tailored group singing sessions for stroke survivors, people living with dementia, and carers, in community, residential and nursing care settings.
- Singing for the Brain (Exmouth branch) – for people living with dementia and their carers
- Singing for Wellbeing – a community singing session in partnership with Home Instead Senior Care
- Exeter Stroke Singing Group – for stroke survivors and their carers
- The Welcome Centre Choir – a small, friendly choir in this warm and welcoming day centre for older people
- Rose Lodge and The Cottage Choirs – two weekly choir sessions for staff and residents
- Singing With Naomi – Sessions in residential and nursing care settings across Exmouth and the surrounding area – for people with a range of needs, staff, friends and family members
I have a repertoire of more than 250 songs from a broad range of genres and decades including World Music, Folk and Traditional, Wartime, Films and Musicals, and the 1950s, 60s and 70s. I am always adding to this and welcome suggestions for new songs to add.
Session last up to one hour, and I tailor the programme according to the needs and preferences of the group. The programme may include:
- Challenging content such as action songs, sequential memory songs, rounds, layer songs and echo songs
- Familiar songs from a range of genres and decades, with or without lyric sheets as required
- Songs accompanied by guitar, keyboard or completely unaccompanied (acapella)
- Use of percussion instruments to add texture, variety and a way of participating for those unable to sing
- Use of other sensory items such as scarves and ribbons
- Discussion stimulated by the programme content – for example sharing particular memories relating to songs
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in developing your own sessions as I am always happy to share ideas!